As we all know, there are lots of different methods like directory submission, blog commenting, article submission etc. are used by search engine experts for link building. But one of the most effective yet SEO-Friendly for making quality backlinks is the use of Web Forums.
Forums alias Discussion Platforms are so helpful when you want help from others. There are lots of forums where you can share your ideas about different topics and get quality backlinks very easily.
The main focus is to provide quality information and get quality backlinks in return. These quality backlinks will improve your link juice and also eventually boost your Google SERP.
Other SEO Resources:
What Is Forum Posting in SEO?
A forum is a place to be when you want information from real people! In other words, forums are a place to discuss all, it’s nothing but conversation.
So, forum posting is where members can publish their questions to get answers as well as discuss their opinions with other users. Based on the rules and guidelines of Forum Posting, members can be anonymous or need to sign up to participate and then sign in to make threads and comments.
Importance of Forums Posting
As mentioned earlier, Forum Posting helps you gain more relevant and quality backlinks to your site which enhances your page rank. But unfortunately, not all forum posting sites are backlink friendly. Many of the forums are nofollow that makes the backlinks non-crawlable by search engine bots. But there are quite some sites that offer DoFollow links, some of them are listed below:
- http://www.bbpress.org/forums – Lean, Mean and Ready To Take On Any Job You Throw At It.
- https://forums.cpanel.net – Interact with an Entire Community Of cPanel & WHM Users!
- https://forums.digitalpoint.com – Best Place to Discuss On Search Engines, Including Optimization, Marketing, Tools and Other Technical Aspects.
- http://www.warriorforum.com – Community Of 1+ Million Digital Marketers
- http://www.cnet.com/forums – Connect You With Tech Users From Around The World
- https://en.forums.wordpress.com – Everything your Blog needs
- http://forums.kayako.com – Share Ideas With The Community About Extending Kayako
- http://forums.spry.com – Community Filled News, Events For Your Calendar, And Updates From Colleges, Churches, Sports
- http://forums.mozilla.or.kr – Community Where Firefox Users Can Get Help From Other Users
- http://forums.devnetwork.net – A Community Of PHP Developers Offering Assistance, Advice, Discussion, And Friendship
- http://www.flickr.com/help/forum – Community Full Of Helpful, & Clever People
Apart from these, there are hundred more forum posting sites out there. To be very honest, it’s not possible to be active everywhere, but I will suggest you choose the best 3-4 forum posting sites according to your niche and stay active as these forums are very active and you will get more backlinks as well as more organic traffic.
Why Should You Consider Forum Posting?
- Create backlinks in a big number easily as the more you post the more backlinks you make.
- Used as a direct marketing of products as you can market your products or product page in certain discussions.
- Used to gain direct as well as indirect traffic to your website
Ethics to Follow While Doing Forum Posting:
There are certain rules which you need to adhere at the time of forum posting. And by doing so, you’ll gain credibility from other forum members which will get you more focused readers thus increasing the visibility and popularity of your site. Few of the important guidelines are mentioned below:
- Provide valuable information and comment relevant to the question/discussion as most forums have a very strict policy about spam and doing otherwise will get your account banned.
- Your links should be relevant to the discussion going on.
- Don’t impose your comments personally at anyone. Talk in a general tone and give a final touch with a call-to-action.
- Don’t use advertising language of your services or products directly on your comments. Just make a proper answer to the query and end up with a line which allows other members determine whether or not to check out your site by clicking on the signature links.
So, hope now you might be aware of what forum posting is and what are the advantages of forum posting. If you liked this post, click on the “Share” Button to share this on Facebook, Twitter and Google + etc.
Happy Forum Posting! Get Ready to Taste Link Juice!