Till now, I have written and published 150+ posts here on this blog. But I know, you probably haven’t read most of them or you might forget they even exist.
Thinking what happens to those posts?
That’s shoved or buried inside my blog’s frenemy called “Archives”. Ugh…Pity!!!!!
To dust the cobwebs off the older blog posts and shed light on them, I have researched a little bit and found some easy ways to auto tweet old blog posts on your blog.
Do you know what it is?
Yes, via WordPress Plugins. I will be sharing how you can tweet your old posts automatically using FREE WordPress Plugins.
Yes! As always my main motive here is to be resourceful for my readers. I recently got this obsession to create resourceful content for my readers because tips are good to read for sure, but 80% readers prefer resources over tips. Even I'm one of them.
Before discussing the WordPress plugins, let me ask, “Why you should care about your old blog posts?
Do you know the answer? If not, continue reading….
It’s easy to forget a blog post you wrote a few years ago, but is it possible to forget the impact that created on your website? Never, right!
So, why can’t you create the same influence by republishing the old blog posts? Here are some important reasons:
- Traffic – Blogs which are considered as “Oldies but Goodies” might be key traffic drivers which will drive more traffic to your site. A quality old blog post has better chances to get ranked and drive more traffic to your blog. Besides just getting traffic from your old posts you can improve your social media engagement by repeatedly sharing your old blog content on your social networks.
- Save Money – Updating or republishing the old content is relatively cheaper, easier and faster than creating new content. You can also save more time by using WordPress Plugins to auto tweet old blog posts.
- SEO Rankings – Search Engines doesn’t like outdated content and having it hidden in your archives may not be helpful for your blog ranking. But if you refurbish that old outdated content with more updated information and quality content which could be great value for the readers it can be your site's ranking asset. And later on by republishing your old blog posts you can turn those outdated blog posts into revenue makers.
What to Do Next?
Now, let me share some of the best WordPress plugins that can help you auto tweet old blog posts from your blog archives.
#1- Revive Old Post – Auto Updater for Twitter
This plugin tweets your old posts to help you drive more traffic to your site and also gain new followers to your site.
Apart from tweeting, you can also use it to post old content on Facebook, Tumblr and Google Plus etc. Revive Old Post offers both FREE and Premium Version!
Features of Revive Old Post Includes:
- Use Hashtags to focus on topics
- Include backlink to your site
- Integrated with Google Analytics
- Compatible with URL Shorteners
#2- Evergreen Post Tweeter – An Awesome Twitter Plugin
Evergreen Post Tweeter is forked from the existing WordPress plugin named “Tweetily”. This WordPress plugin enables you to schedule and tweet old blog posts automatically.
By doing this, your blog will get more exposure and also you will get even more traffic to your site.
Features of Evergreen Post Tweeter Includes:
- You can schedule posts by setting date and time just like Buffer
- Filters by category, age and tag
- Selection of URL Shorteners available
- Add additional text to the tweet
#3- Tweet Wheel – The World’s First Plugin
Ranked the world’s first plugin, Tweet Wheel is currently helping 100s of bloggers to get a good amount of traffic and followers they deserve.
All you need to do is just set a custom schedule and let the Tweet Wheel do the rest on behalf of you. This plugin will take off the burden off your shoulders by driving more sales, leads and improve your social media presence.
Features Of Tweet Wheel Includes:
- Automate Tweet Posting
- Customize the Tweet Queue
- Schedule Tweets Properly
- Add New Posts to Queue Automatically
#4- Microblog Poster – Auto Re-Publish Old Blog Posts
This plugin automatically posts your content to multiple social media platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Plurk and so on from your WordPress sites itself.
Microblog Poster Plugin is simple to use and easy to install.
Features of Microblog Posters Include:
- Auto re-publish your old blog posts/pages.
- Logs are generated automatically on a new blog post for each configured social media account.
- Share old blog posts automatically to selected social networks from your WordPress blog.
The above mentioned are the best plugins for reviving old blog posts to drive more traffic and to boost your social media presence with your old valuable content.
Other Social Media Related Articles You May Like:
Do you know any other great WordPress plugins that can help to tweet old blog posts automatically?
If “yes”, let me know in comments!