Here’s How To Record Your iPhone or iPad’s Screen Using QuickTime!
The iPhone truly changed the market of smartphones for good. Before the iPhone, here used to be those ugly and bulky brick type phones with huge keypads. But Apple, as a company decided to change how phones work and an iPhone was born.
The iPhone has gotten amazing amount of developments and software improvements since the very first version. iOS is one of the most advanced and most used mobile operating systems and you can say that it is one of the most simple mobile OS to use too. iOS is also very powerful under the hood and it can run many apps and games from the App Store. iPhone has an advantage over other mobile OS as all the apps are made and optimized just for the iPhone.Also Read: How To Record Skype Calls On iPad & iPhone
Talking about the iPad, Apple wasn’t the first one to make a tablet. But they were again the one who redesigned and relaunched it in a shape that people would love.
iPad also runs on iOS and it is a great device if you want a specific device with a big screen and amazing apps. iPads come with amazing retina screens which are a pleasure to look at and watching movies and playing games on such devices feels amazing as well.
As I mentioned before, iOS is a very powerful operating system and allows you to do all sorts of thing. Did you know that you could record an iPhone’s or an iPad’s screen? This can be done easily with the use of QuickTime player!
In this post I am going to tell you about a way in which you can easily use QuickTime to record your iPhone or iPad’s screen.
Record your iPhone or iPad’s screen using QuickTime
Now there are a few requirements to do this. I have listed the requirements in a detailed manner below.
- You need to be running Mac OS X Yosemite and above on your Mac.
- Your iPhone or iPad needs to be running iOS 8 and above.
- You need to use the ORIGINAL lightning cable for iPhone.
- You need to “TRUST” your Mac before proceeding any further. Instructions here.
- Make sure your Mac OS X and QuickTime is up to date!
These are the only requirements you need to fulfill. The procedure is listed below.Also Read: How To Enable the Night-Reading Mode In Any iOS App
Procedure to record iPhone or iPad’s Screen
1. Open your Mac’s Launchpad and launch
- After you have launched QuickTime player, you need to check the navigation bar on top and go to File > New Movie Recording.
- Alternatively you can use the keyboard shortcut Option + Command + N.
- You will see a new window pop up and by default your option will be set to the FaceTime camera on your Mac but you have to choose it to iPhone or iPad.
- Check the screenshot below and choose it.
- As soon as you choose your iPhone or iPad, you will notice that the QuickTime window will start showing your iPhone or iPad’s screen.
- You will notice that the status bar on the screen replica on QuickTime will be different.
- You will see a signal bar with full reception and the time will also be changed to 9:41 AM.
- QuickTime will automatically recognize your iPhone or iPad’s screen orientation and it will fix itself in that orientation.
- You have the option for recording your iPhone or iPad’s audio or you can use a microphone in real time to record the screen.
This was a small but detailed tutorial in which we showed you how you can easily record your iPhone or iPad’s screen using QuickTime. This is a really simple process that even novices can follow!
Latest posts by Alok (see all)
- How To Create Custom Email Address For Your Domain Using Gmail - March 28, 2017
- How To Add Google Custom Search Box In WordPress Site - March 23, 2017
- How To Make Money From Your Blog in 2017 – Possible Ways To Earn - March 19, 2017